The Citizens of Nairobi, Ladies and Gentlemen,
The Constitution of Kenya and the County Government Act, 2012 establish county governments to breath life into Devolution and bring services closer to the people.
I once again thank the citizens of this great city for giving me and my Deputy, His Excellency James Njoroge Muchiri, the mandate to lead. We have been in office for 62 days and if there is one thing we are now, more than ever, convinced of, is that we can make Nairobi work.
We have, following continued consultations with the people of Nairobi, set out our priority areas; to make Nairobi green again; to get Nairobi moving; to promote health and wellness, return basic services and we shall do this by creating an environment that promotes citizen engagement, and makes it easy for you to access services.
Today, we introduce the nominees for County Executive Committee Members for Nairobi City County Government. This team of men and women have been carefully selected to meet the challenge of the responsibility before them.
This afternoon, I shall forward their names to the Nairobi City County Assembly, for approval, and we expect that they should be assuming office by mid next month.
It is now my pleasure to introduce my nominees for County Executive Committee Members.
GOVERNOR’S LIST OF COUNTY EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Finance and Economic Affairs- Charles Kerich
- Innovation and Digital Economy- Michael Gumo
- Talent, Skills Development and Care- Brian Mulama
- Mobility and Works- Patrick Mbogo
- Built Environment and Urban Planning- Stephen Gathuita Mwangi
- Boroughs Administration and Personnel- Ibrahim Auma Nyangoya
- Business and Hustler Opportunities- Rosemary Kariuki
The two Sectors that we have just introduced; Boroughs Administration and Personnel, together with Business and Hustler Opportunities, will directly report to Deputy Governor Muchiri.
The other dockets are:-
- Green Nairobi (Environment, Water, Food and Agriculture)- Maureen Njeri
- Health, Wellness and Nutrition- Anastasia Mutethya Nyalita
- Inclusivity, Public Participation and Customer Service- Suzanne Silantoi
Ladies and gentlemen,
I also hereby introduce my nominee for the position of County Secretary:
- Jairus Musumba
Other members of my team who I will be working closely with include:
- Chief of Staff – Mr. David Njoroge
- Economic Affairs Advisor- Mr. Lawrence Wambua
- Legal Advisor- Mr. Elias Mutuma
- Health Advisor – Dr. Samora Otieno
- Political Advisor- Mr. William Ndung’u ‘Fazul’
- Mobility Advisor – Prof. Washington Yotto Ochieng
Professor Washington Yotto Ochieng, FREng, is the Head of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, and Chair in Positioning and Navigation Systems. He is also the Senior Security Science Fellow at the Institute for Security Science and Technology (ISST) at Imperial College London.
Formerly, he was the Head of the Centre for Transport Studies and Co-Director of the ISST at Imperial. He is the current Vice President of the Royal Institute of Navigation (RIN).
- Urban and Regional Planning – John Mwangi Maina
- Private Secretary – Ms. Priscilla Mahinda
This is the Executive team that we shall work with to make Nairobi a working city of Order, Dignity, Hope and Opportunity for all.
Together, we shall make Nairobi work.
Thank you very much.
SAKAJA ARTHUR JOHNSON, CBS