The sector deals with the following functions in the Three sub sectors:-
Public engagement, Citizen engagement, and Customer service sub sector Functions-
- Public participation and citizen engagement
- Public communication and engagement
- Undertaking research and innovation on e-Government services; and oversee implementation of capacity building initiatives on e-Government
- Customer service experience
- Public service reorientation.
City culture, Arts and Tourism sub sector Functions-
- The vibe of the city
- The annual Nairobi Festival
- Cultural activities –Promotion of unity in cultural activities, coordination of community cultural festivals, Policy implementation advice, Cultural diversity at county level, Research and documentation.
- Dissemination and preservation of indigenous knowledge, establishment of cultural practitioners, Cultural exchanges and establishment of community cultural enters.
- Cultural activities, public entertainment and public amenities.
- Forster local participation in tourism and the management of tourism activities.
- Development and implementation of county tourism Development plans, programmes and projects
- Collection and compilation of tourism information and data in the county.
- Marketing of county tourism in collaboration with the Kenya tourism board.
- Coordination and maintenance of tourism products and facilities standards and quality management in liaison with industry stakeholders.
Gender and Inclusivity Sub sector-
- Gender mainstreaming
- Disability mainstreaming and affirmative action
- Promote and manage programmes for children, women and persons living with disabilities.
- Gender based violence awareness and prevention
- County safe houses
- Promote and ensure compliance with preference and reservations targeting special interest’s groups e.g. 30% procurement opportunities for youth, women and persons with disabilities.
Physical Location: Physical Location: City Hall , 2nd Floor
Telephone: Telephone: +254 ………………..
- County Executive – Dr. Anastasia Nyalita
- Chief Officer –City culture, Arts and Tourism –Clement Rapudo Sijenyi
- Chief Officer –Public participation, citizen engagement and customer Service-Lydia Mathia
- Chief Officer –Gender and Inclusivity –Maryam Dubow Dahir