This Sub-Sector comprises of two departments; City Inspectorate and Investigations & Information Analysis.
- To enforce and ensure compliance with County laws and other relevant laws.
- To provide Security Services to County VIPs, properties and installations.
- To detect, investigate and prosecute criminal activities related to the County Govt.
- To promote good governance and best practices in enhancing service delivery.
- Participate in National activities.
- General Administration and support services.
To be the best Safety and Compliance Management service in Africa.
To provide Safety and Security Services to Nairobi City County residents.
Our mandate is to enforce and ensure compliance of County laws and other relevant laws, provide security services to County properties, VIP protection and installations and investigate crimes related to the County.
The Sector has achieved the following:-
- Successfully devolved some services in the 17 Sub counties.
- Reduced illegal menace within CBD e.g hawking, obstructions etc.
- Reduced illegal structures within the 17 Sub Counties.
- Ensured that there are less domestic animals roaming on the highways thus reducing accidents.
- Regulated traffic flow by decongesting PSVs from CBD.
- Controlled street families/mugging within CBD.
- Reduced boda bodas entering or operating within CBD.
- Enhanced revenue collection by offering security support to other Sectors when collecting revenue.
- Increased partnership with both Internal and External stakeholders.
- Reduced crime levels from 40% in 2012 to 10%.
Captioned Photos for Sub-Sectors photo gallery
Impounding of illegal boda bodas within CBD
Traffic marshal controlling traffic
Inter-agency participation in tree planting exercise
An undercover officer arresting a suspect for illegal dumping
Stanley Tito Kilonzi
County Chief Officer-Security & Compliance
Complaints Contact Persons
|1.||Stanley Kilonzi||Chief Officer-Security & Compliance||0722-836452|
|2.||Joseph Kipsang||Director, City Inspectorate||0725-961381|
|3.||Eunice Maingi||Director, Investigation and Information Analysis||0729-664743|
|4.||Eva Wairiuko||Deputy Director (Operations)||0722-835522|
|5.||Tom Seme||Deputy Director (Administration)||0722-553913|
|6.||Regina Irimu||Asst. Director (Parking Bays)||0722-849985|
|7.||Carol Njuguna||Asst. Director Administration)||0721-990859|
|8.||William Kangogo||Asst. Director(Operations)||0722-882920|
|9.||John Abuya||Asst. Director (Special Services)||0722-714836|
|10.||Phillip Ocharo||Deputy DirectorInvestigations||0722-955596|
|12.||Investigation & Information Analysis Customer Service desk||0732-429359|
Sub-County Commanders Contacts
|S/NO||NAME||SUB COUNTY||CELL NO.|
|2.||Jared Oluoch||Embakasi Central||0722-394064|
|3.||Emmah Khayasi||Embakasi North||0720-944613|
|4.||Francis Kang’ethe||Embakasi East||0721-474417|
|5.||Sylvia Nyokabi||Embakasi South||0724-246568|
|6.||George Gaachara||Embakasi West||0722-415288|
|7.||Lucy Munyika||Dagoretti South||0722-971191|
|8.||Joseph Koech||Dagoretti North||0723-451126|