This sector has Three sub sectors that deals with the following functions:-
Business and Hustler Opportunities Sub sector Functions
- Promote, coordinate and implement integrated socio-economic policies and programmes for a rapidly industrializing economy
- Promote Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)
- Provide business counselling, advisory and consultancy services.
- Provide capacity building programmes to indigenous MSMEs.
- Manage a credit scheme that offers financial assistance to indigenous MSMES.
- Hold interactive forms with indigenous MSMEs.
- Provide information on trade related matters to MSMEs.
- Regulate and control betting, lotteries and gaming
- Regulate and control liquor outlets
Markets and Trade Sub sector Functions
- Ensure fair trading practices within the County
- Promote trade development
- Trade development and Regulation
- Markets Management
- Markets Infrastructure Development
- Promote Industrialization
- Regulate and control business permits
- Promotion of organized trading centers
- Weights and Measures
- Collaborate with relevant institutions on Trade matters
Cooperatives Sub Sector Functions
- Carrying out certification of co-operatives societies audit
- Carrying out continuous and compliance audits in co-operative societies
- Co-operative societies tax computation
- Registration of societies audited accounts
- Promotion of co-operative societies
- Processing application for registration
- Inspections and investigations
- Training needs assessment for co-operative societies
- Marketing information dissemination and advisory services
- Banking inspection (local SACCOs)
- Investments advisory services
Physical Location: City Hall, 2nd Floor, City Hall Annex, Mezzanine Floor
- County Executive – Ms. Maureen Njeri
- Chief Officer Business and Hustler Opportunities – Zipporah Njeri Mwangi
- Chief Officer Cooperatives & Ag. Chief Officer Markets and Trade – Godfrey Akumali Atiel