County Executive Committee Member, Health Services Dr Bernard Muia
Chief Officer Dr Sam Ochola- 0202 176 753
Health Services: This sector handles all the County health services and installations.
- 1. Turned County health facilities into 24 hour operations replete with drugs and related supplies
2. Increased number of consultations in county health facilities from a paltry 2000 in 2013 to 15000 per day today
3. Increased health budget to KES 8bn per year or 27% of KES 31bn annual county budget.
4. Stocking of county health facilities with enough drugs to support free medical treatment
5. Constructed 120 bed maternity wing at Mbagathi hospital in 2014 from scratch
6. Zero maternal deaths from 2015 – to date achieved
7. Constructed 112 body capacity mortuary at Mbagathi hospital reducing congestion at City mortuary
8. Mbagathi hospital became health centre of excellence decongesting KNH
9. A total of 437 health workers employed. The fast massive employment tranche since 1998
10. Improved condition of Pumwani maternity hospital, the largest in sub-Saharan Africa, delivering 80 babies daily up from 20.
11. Construction of 25 bed maternity wing each in Mutuiini hospital in Dagoreti North, Njiru health centre, Mukuru kwa Njenga health facility
10. Expansion of Mama Lucy hospital and employment of hospital staff
11. Maternity units now operational in Ngara, Kibra, Kamukunji, Langata, Westlands, Starehe, Ruaraka, Roysambu, Embakasi, Makadara and Kasarani on 24 hour basis
12. 25 bed Ksh 20m Mukuru kwa Njenga maternity facility constructed and officially commissioned to serve the area.
- New beds at the Mukuru Health Centre, Maternity Wing put up by the County Government
13. Refurbishment of dental paedriatics referral facility at the Lady Northey home. This is the only facility of its kind in the city that also trains dental students.
14. 30 ambulances added to county ambulance stock to improve patient movement
15. Renovated and operationalized Dandora II Health Centre Maternity wing.
16. Rehabilitated and equipped a 3rd theatre at Pumwani Maternity Hospital at a cost of Ksh. 17M.
17. Drilled a borehole at Pumwani Maternity Hospital at a cost of Ksh. 5.4 M which has reduced the water shortage in the hospital.
18. Rehabilitated and equipped a high dependency unit (HDU) at Pumwani Maternity Hospital at a cost of Ksh. 62M.
19. Renovated and rehabilitated the following facilities Lungalunga health centre, Ziwani/Kariokor clinic, Plainsview/South B clinic, Jinnah clinic.
20. Purchase of a standby generator at Mutuini hospital.
21. Purchased 8 No. standby generators, 129 No. electric vaccine fridges, 61 No. gas/electric vaccine fridges and 10 No. solar vaccine fridges at a cost of Ksh. 118 M to improve the Kenya Expanded Programme on Immunization services in the County.
22. Purchase of 5 No. Cancer screening machines and installed in three hospitals and two health centres at a cost of Ksh. 17.5 M
23. Through a Partner constructed Methadone Assisted Therapy clinics at Ngara health centre at a cost of Ksh. 13 M.
24. Through a Partner renovated Kayole I and Ngara Health Centre maternity wings at a cost of Ksh. 19 M.
25. Development and launch of policy guidelines on HIV and Gender Streaming.
- Preventive, Curative and Protective, Reproductive health services through a network of over 80 health centers and three hospitals spread across the city.
- Paternity Care
- Public Health Inspectorate
- Epidemiology and Disease Control
- Building Occupation Certificate
- School Health
- Mortuary and Funerals:
Services Fees: Charges on bodies
Adult 18 years and above
Bodies brought from Nairobi Shs 2800
Bodies brought from outside Nairobi Shs 300
Infants 1day to 11 months
Bodies brought from Nairobi Shs 2000
Bodies brought from outside Nairobi Shs 2100
Record Search Shs 1000
Amendment fee Shs 100
Certified record Shs 1000
Private cases from within Nairobi
Adult Shs 500 per day
Children Shs 500 per day
Infants Shs 500 per day
After 10 days Shs 700 per day
Private postmortem exhumation fee
Adult Shs 5000
Children Shs 2000
Infant Shs 2000
Police cases from within Nairobi
Adult Shs 300 per day
Children Shs 300 per day
Infant Shs 3oo per day
After 10days Shs 400 per day
Police cases from outside Naiorobi
Adult Shs 350 per day
Children Shs 350 per day
Infant Shs 350 per day
After 10days Shs 450 per day
Special wing services
Daily storage Shs 700 throughout
Viewing charges Shs 500
Use of chapel Shs 1500
Lowering device Shs 4000
Langata Cemetery Services Charges
Temporary graves from within and outside Nairobi
Adult Shs 7000
Child Shs 7000
Infant Shs 2000
Permanent graves within Nairobi
Adult Shs 25,000
Children Shs 15,000
Infant Shs 12,000
Permanent Graves outside Nairobi
Adult Shs 31,000
Children Shs 19,000
Infant Shs 16,000
Permanent Graves for Non citizens
Adult Shs 37,000
Children Shs 22,500
Infant Shs 17,500
Adult Shs 2,500
Children Shs 2000
Infant Shs 2000
Adult Shs 50,000
Children Shs 30,000
Infant Shs 25,000
Adult Shs 40,000
Children Shs 20,000
Infant Shs 15,000
Adult Shs 16,800
Children Shs 14,800
Infant Shs 12,800
Burial Certificate for Permanent Graves
Citizens dying within Nairobi Ksh 500
Citizens dying within outside Nairobi Shs 1000
Non citizens Shs 2,500
Grave Maintaining Shs 3,500
Grave search fee Shs 1000
11.Inoculation Center, City Hall, Ground Floor
open from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm
Lunch break 1pm to 2pm
Requested vaccines are usually for protection and for those who wish to travel. It is advisable that you take the yellow fever vaccine as it a mandatory requirement for those who are traveling to other countries.
Yellow Fever per dose Shs 1500
Tetanus per dose Shs 300
Diphtheria Tetanus and polio per dose Shs. 1500
Typhoid per dose Shs 1000
Meningitis per dose Shs 1000
MMR per dose Shs 1200
Rabies per dose Shs 1500
Oralpolio per dose Shs 300
Influenza per dose Shs 1500
Cholera per dose Shs 1500
Hepatitis B per dose Shs 1000
International Certificate booklet (per booklet) Shs 1000 (mandatory for yellow fever vaccine)
Duplicate Certificate (per certificate) Shs 1000
Exemption letter (per letter) Shs 1000
Requirements: National ID /passport