Pumwani Maternity Hospital Receives Equipment
On 10th December 2013, H.E The Governor of Nairobi City County Dr. Evans Kidero presented new theatre equipment to the Pumwani Maternity Hospital.Read more
Traffic Marshalls Takes Over Nairobi Roads
Nairobi City County has on 9th December 2013 deployed 300 trained traffic marshalls on the streets of Nairobi. The traffic marshalls have been tasked to keep traffic flowing at safe speed, observe any street crimes and report to the CCTV Control and Police. They will also be the contact point for motorists and pedestrians.Read more
Agreement With Leader Of Jianxi Province, China
The Government of the Nairobi City County and the Municipal Party Leader, Chen Weimin of the Peoples' Government of Jianxi Province of the Peoples' Republic of China on 2nd December 2013, signed an agreement at City Hall that the two governments shall commence and deepen friendship and cooperation for the mutual benefit of the people. Read more
Dr. Evans Kidero, Governor, Nairobi City County
Born in Majengo- Nairobi, to a father who was a policeman, and a mother who was a homemaker, Dr. Evans Kidero grew up in a large extended family of 7 children, where he was the eldest. Dr. Evans Kidero attended primary school in Nairobi, and completed secondary school at Mangu High school where he was the Head Boy. Dr. Kidero went on to attend the University of Nairobi, where he graduated in 1983 with a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree and thereafter got his first job working as a pharmacist at Kenyatta National Hospital. He went on to obtain a Masters of Business Administration in 1990 at United States International University in Kenya. These qualifications, his personal abilities and the hand of God set him on the path for an illustrious career in corporate management.
The highlights of this career include: 4 years at Warner Lambert, 12 years at SmithKline Beecham Healthcare International, 2 years at the helm of Nation Media Group, and (most recently) 10 years in the stewardship of Mumias Sugar Company. It is from Mumias that Dr. Kidero recently resigned to pursue a political career in Nairobi county governorship. From a 28-year career in the competitive corporate environment, Dr. Kidero has acquired leadership and management skills that make him a suitable candidate for a job that requires experience, competence and caring.
Jonathan Mueke, Deputy Governor - Nairobi City County
With an undergraduate degree in Computer Science and an MBA in Global IT and Entrepreneurship, Jonathan Mueke brings to the top leadership of the Nairobi County youthfulness, technology know how, entrepreneurial and transformative leadership skills — just what Nairobi needs to face the challenges of youth unemployment, inefficiency and change management.
Jonathan has previously held several senior IT management positions in the education, manufacturing, retail as well as financial sectors and has business interests in technology and real estate. His leadership potential has been identified both in professional and political spheres, earning him honors locally and abroad, including being an elected member of Strathmore Who’s Who in leadership (USA).
He has founded, launched, expanded or served in community initiatives such as youth groups, community based organizations, churches, schools and community centers.
Electronic Construction Permit
What is a Construction Permit (CP)?
This document, also known as Building Permit, is issued by a Local Authority to authorize the construction of a new building, or in a situation to amend or renovate an existing approved building.
IN PURSUANT TO THE NAIROBI CITY COUNTY FINANCE ACT 2013,NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT:
- The Nairobi City County will levy the under-mentioned Rates for 2014,which becomes due on 1st January 2014 and are payable at City Hall or to our authorized bankers by 31st March 2014.Any rates remaining unpaid after this date will incur interest in accordance with paragraph 4 below.Rates are a debt to the County and whilst every effort shall be made to deliver a demand note to every rateable owner of a property,failure to receive the same shall not be held to absolve the debtor from any liability and penalty for rates remaining unpaid after 31st March,2014.
- The General revised rates struck of 34% of the unimproved site value of land as appearing in the 1982 valuation roll shall apply in all cases except for 3 below as follows:
PUBLIC AND PRIVATE PLOTS
Residential Plots 34% of USV
Commercial Plots 34% of USV
Agricultural Plots 34% of USV
Industrial Plots 34% of USV
3. In addition and in accordance with the Nairobi City County Finance Act 2013, rates in the following County areas shall be levied on flat rate basis:
A. NORTHERN ZONE B. EASTERN ZONE
Kamuthi Farmers Buru Buru Farmers
Jua Kali (Kahawa West) Kamulu
Kamae Ngundu Farmers
Giathieko Embakasi Ranching Co.
C. SOUTH EASTERN ZONE D.WESTERN ZONE
Areas Adjoining Jomo Kenyatta Dagoretti Division
THE FLAT RATE FOR THE AFFECTED AREAS ARE AS FOLLOWS:-
- Land parcels not exceeding 0.1 Ha Kshs. 1000/= per plot per year
- Land parcels 0.1Ha-0.2Ha Kshs. 1200/= per plot per year
- Land parcels 0.2Ha-0.4Ha Kshs.1,500/= per plot per year
- Land parcels of above 0.4 Ha Kshs.1,700/= per acre per year
- Residential plots Kshs. 1000/= per plot per year
- Commercial/Industrial plots Kshs.1,500/= per plot per year
4. In compliance with Nairobi City County Finance Act 2013,interest shall be charged and becomes payable at the rate of 3 per centum on any rates levied as afore-said and remaining unpaid after 31st March, 2013 and for the purpose of this resolution a part of a month shall be reckoned as one month.
LILIAN W. NDEGWA
Customer care number: 0725-624489, 0735-825383, 020-344194
Rates Office: 020-2226923
Solid Waste Management
One of the major issue facing the City is the establishment of a proper solid waste management system. The situation has been creating serious problems in hygiene, as well as environmental and aesthetic conditions to the people of Nairobi City.
- Project purpose & goals
Waste collection and transportation services in Nairobi City is expanded by CCN.
Capacity of CCN on solid waste management is strengthened. Read more on www.nairobi-swm-project.or.ke